FOR THE BEST AND LATEST MUSIC VIDEOS, HIP HOP, R&B, SPORTS, AND WORLD NEWS...

Monday, June 6, 2011

Beanie Sigel Apologizes to Jay-Z



“So you had a change of heart, eh?”
With the way Beanie Sigel was talking about former friend Jay-Z in songs, interviews, and at live shows, one could never expect that he would now be apologizing to the man who helped discover him and put him on the map. Beanie Sigel began airing out his alleged shady relationship with Jay-Z and Roc-A-Fella Records back in 2009. He released the diss tracks ‘What You Talkin’ Bout’ and ”How I Could Kill Jigga Man,’ and spoke with radio personality Charlamagne Tha God on how Hov didn’t support his crew, State Property, the way 50 Cent pushed G-Unit. He also claimed that Jay showed up to his court appearance and said he wouldn’t be responsible for him which resulted in Beanie’s bail being revoked; that Dame Dash or Roc-A-Fella Records was embezzling money; and that he was shut out of a Pro-Keds deal, which prevented him from making a significant amount of money..
Now, Beanie has ended the war of words with Jay-Z by issuing an apology via XXL magazine.
“What Mike Epps say? ‘Gangstas f*ck up too. Whatever I felt this dude Jay did wrong to me, it can’t outweigh the one thing he did do for me – he gave me an opportunity. Dude gave me an opportunity. A lot of people don’t get opportunities. He gave me that. That outweighs everything. I need that in black and white. I got caught in the moment and put my feelings out there. I should have never done that.”
“I was explaining the whole Roc-A-Fella shit and a lot of feelings were going to get hurt. I was airing s–t out. Just the homies could listen to that when they come into the studio. I couldn’t put that out. It wouldn’t sit right with me.”
Back in 2009 Jigga addressed the Beanie‘s concerns, stating that he certainly did support both the rapper and the State Property crew, and that no matter who the artist is, there’s only so much others can do for you before you have to start taking responsibility for your career:
“Well, Beanie Siegal at the time, and you can look it up if you like, but let’s be honest. He was driving two Bentleys. I don’t know how it’s possible to drive two cars at one time with his mama, his sticks, selling 800,000 records, I don’t know what more can you do for somebody at that point. When people choose to do when they attain that type of success at some point you have to look in the mirror and look at yourself. Beanie Sigel had a record deal, a record label, and a clothing line and never went platinum ever. I don’t know in the history of rap is anyone done so much with so little. I don’t know what more can you do for a person at that point. A record deal that’s normal, a record label and a clothing line so, if that’s not pushing the person…s–t.”

No comments:

Post a Comment