FOR THE BEST AND LATEST MUSIC VIDEOS, HIP HOP, R&B, SPORTS, AND WORLD NEWS...

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Creed Singer Scott Stapp Says T.I. Saved His Life After Suicide Attempt



T.I. is making a habit out of being in the right place at the right time.

Creed singer Scott Stapp appeared on the VH1 show Big Morning Buzz on Wednesday to promote his new book Sinner's Creed. While there he told the story of how T.I. saved his life after he tried to commit suicide.

Stapp was in a downward spiral of drug and alcohol abuse several years ago. He checked himself into a penthouse at Miami's Delano Hotel, and went on a 3-day binge.

In his state of paranoia Stapp began to hallucinate thinking the cops were going to come through the door. He decided he didn't want to embarrass his family so he climbed over the balcony and fell 40 feet onto the balcony of another room. As a result of the fall Stapp fractured his skull, broke his hip and nose. He lay there for 2 1/2 hours until his "guardian angel" showed up.

"It was rapper T.I.... he immediately took care of the situation and saved my life," Stapp said.

The two had met each other briefly a couple of years prior and shared a love for Alabama.

"I had met T.I. back in 2004, we were both writing songs for The Passion of The Christ: Songs Inspired By soundtrack and we had briefly interacted there and knew what each other looked like," he revealed. "We'd talked about being fans of Alabama."

Stapp shared that it was fate that T.I. found him because it was the only room available in the hotel.


"He walked in, and I found out later it was the only room left in the hotel and he came in off the street and came out, and as I'm laying on the ledge, blood fell to [T.I.'s] feet and he looked up and he had an Alabama hat on," he explained. "I said, 'roll tide,' and then he looked at me and put two and two together and really saved my life."

It's the second time we've heard about Tip saving someone's life. In 2010 he talked a suicidal man down from the top of a 22-story building in Atlanta.


No comments:

Post a Comment