FOR THE BEST AND LATEST MUSIC VIDEOS, HIP HOP, R&B, SPORTS, AND WORLD NEWS...

Thursday, November 4, 2010

“Thank Me Later” Stressed Poor Drizzy Out… But He Says He’s A Better Rapper Now

Drake Thank Me Later So Far God

As great as Drake and the million plus people who bought it thought his debut album was, Drizzy says “Thank Me Later” was no “So Far Gone.” And he knows why.
In an interview following his Houston show last Friday, Drake spoke on what he felt was the biggest difference between his debut album and his critically acclaimed mixtape, and what he plans on doing differently for the next album.
I remember a time I was making “So Far Gone,” there was very little stress attached to it. And I feel with “Thank Me Later,” there was a stressful environment that I was creating music in. So, this is a lot less stressful. I got 2 songs from my album, I feel like there already where I want them to be. That’s the type of music I wanna make: a lot of great raps. I got my raps up, that’s the most important thing. I feel like I’m a better rapper than I was on “Thank Me Later.”
Does him getting his raps up mean he’s putting the singing down a little?
Drizzy also gets all blushy and gushy talking about his boo-in-his-mind Nicki.
“I draw from real life as inspiration for my songs. So, I wrote it for her; and then she just did an interview where she said she wrote “Your Love” about me, but I don’t know if that true.”
I think it’s important that anyone who enjoys the music supports it. It’s been a while since we’ve had a really entertaining great female rapper

No comments:

Post a Comment