FOR THE BEST AND LATEST MUSIC VIDEOS, HIP HOP, R&B, SPORTS, AND WORLD NEWS...

Friday, July 8, 2011

Nicki Minaj Pays Tribute To Deceased Cousin On “We Miss You”

**See note at bottom of post for Nicki Minaj’s response to this song leaking**
Over the holiday weekend, Nicki Minaj’s suffered a devastating loss after her cousin Nicholas was fatally shot while leaving a club in Flatbush Brooklyn. According to reports, Nicki Minaj and his family believe that his murder was a case of mistaken identity as he didn’t have any gang affiliations or trouble leading up to the night of the shooting.
Last night, DJ Funkmaster Flex released a new track from Nicki Minaj  titled, ‘We Miss You” dedicated to her cousin. In the song, she pours her heart onto the track, questioning “Why’d you have to leave in July on a peaceful and serene summer night?”
I wish that you would have waited until September
Just a couple more memories to remember
I guess I have to pay you back to your lender
I guess I have to send you back to the sender
But then again maybe you gone til November
And maybe this is just part of the agenda

……
Why would they take you from me
Why the doctors could not stop the bleeding
If you in a better place then you’re free
Well then why can’t they make me believe it
You said that you will leave these streets
And I know you didn’t mean in a body bag




According to In Flex We Trust, the song was slightly revamped from one of her old songs.
Update: According to Nicki Minaj’s twitter, the song is an unauthorized leak and she wrote it last May.
Tho the lyrics of “We Miss You” eerily depict the circumstances surrounding my cousin’s death, I wrote & recorded that song on 5/24/2010. It was sent to Mariah Carey & Keyshia Cole over a year ago for a possible feature. It didn’t make “Pink Friday” due to clearance issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment