FOR THE BEST AND LATEST MUSIC VIDEOS, HIP HOP, R&B, SPORTS, AND WORLD NEWS...

Friday, June 1, 2012

Michelle Obama Talks The President’s Ritual Of Tucking Her In At Night, Doing The Dougie & Brushing Off Criticism On The View



President Obama may have one of the most demanding jobs in the US, but he still finds time to tuck his wife and kids in every night and that is one of the many reasons why it’s hard not to love this couple.
Earlier this week, Michelle Obama revealed to People Mag that her hubby Barack has a ritual of tucking her in and turning the lights out each and every night and she also stopped by the View yesterday afternoon to talk about their nightly tradition:
“We have a ritual where he tucks me in, because I’m usually in bed before anybody…He’ll come and turn the lights out and give me a kiss, and we’ll talk. He’s like, Ready to be tucked? I’m like, Yes I am.
That has always been a tradition. It is just one of the many ways that Barak shows me and the girls how special we are, and that’s the thing that touches me about him. I don’t care what’s on his plate, I don’t care what he’s struggling with, when he steps off that elevator into our residence, he is Barack, and Dad. There’s just those little things that you do that reminds ya, “I still got ya.”
How cute is that? During First Lady’s visit to the View yesterday, she also took the time to share her thoughts on being a tradition First Lady, whether she believes race will play a big part of the upcoming election and why she continues to brush off the criticism that the President has received over the past few years.
On being unsure if she’s a classic First Lady
I have never seen a first lady hula hoop on the South Lawn. Jump double dutch. [Do the] Dougie. It’s not doubts but it’s just wondering – not too many people have done what I’ve done. My motto is I have to be authentically me. You can smell inauthenticity. When people are phoney. To do this job and to do it well you have to be yourself so I have to go with me.
If Race will play a part in the election:
I think people wanna know that we live in a country where there’s fairness and equity, where people have a fair shot. Where kids like myself who grew up with parents that didn’t go to college, didn’t have all the opportunity, went to public school, we all have an opportunity to succeed, and I think people are focused on that. For me, I know that I’m focused on the world that I want to leave for my kids.
Race is still an issue in this country, but I can tell you right now, Barak Obama is President of the United States and he’s done a phenomenal job. This country put him in office.
On how she deals with the criticism her husband receives:
The one thing I get to do is travel around the country, and so does he, and the majority of what people give us is a lot of love and respect and appreciation, and that’s the country that we’re working for. That’s what we tell our kids, we remind them that we live in a decent country.
The truth is something else. There’s what you hear, and then there’s the truth. The truth is this: There’s a warmth and a connection, and I want America to understand we have more…Elizabeth and I talk about this and we were saying…There’s more that unites us than divides us and I don’t want anybody to get discouraged from that kind of chatter, because the truth is , we’re all fighting for a decent America.
[Barack's] motto is ‘They go Small, you go Big!” That means you always take the high ground because you don’t get lost in the chatter and the noise, and that’s why he’s been such a phenomenal president. He has kept his eye focused on getting this country back on track, and that’s the President that we need. I’m gonna be working for that man.
Also watch Michelle Obama discuss childhood obesity, bringing recess back into the schools and more below:


No comments:

Post a Comment