FOR THE BEST AND LATEST MUSIC VIDEOS, HIP HOP, R&B, SPORTS, AND WORLD NEWS...

Friday, April 29, 2011

Ja Rule Speaks On Upcoming Jail Time & ‘Singing Rappers’ With RapFix




Did you know that Ja Rule is headed to the slammer?  He’s the next in line among a string of rappers that has been sentence to jail over the past few years. With a little over a month left before he serves his two year sentence, Ja Rule spoke to RapFix about his upcoming prison sentence that stems  from a 2007 conviction.  In the interview, he discussed how he feels as a father who has to leave his children and what kind of example he’s setting for his kids, specifically his 15-year-old daughter Brittany.
“I’m definitely upset at the outcome. I’m disappointed. I’m mad at myself. I got a family, man, I got three kids…my two boys. My daughter, she’s 15 right now. These are her last couple of years. She’s about to graduate from high school, and she’s going to college. She needs her father. My boys really need me right now too, as well as my wife. They need Daddy, and Daddy f—ed up.”
“This is something that’s bad, but there’s gotta be some good that comes out of it[...]Even if there are other kids that look at me and say, ‘Let me put my burner down.’ Even if it’s that, then there is something learned from my mistakes.”
This is the first time Ja Rule has ever been incarcerated, and he’s looked to his old friend drug lord Kenneth ‘Supreme’ McGriff, who is currently serving time, to give him some advice on how to serve his time:
“I spoke to Preme two weeks ago. He let me know about my bid goin’ in; how to bid. I never bidded, so you gotta know how to bid.”
On a lighter note, he talked about being able to pave the way for the new wave of ‘rapping singers,’ such as Drake:
“Drake can sing, man.[...]I always admit it. I’m a shallow singer. But I think that’s what attracted people to what I was doing, because I made you feel like you too could do this,” he explained. “I’m not blowing Luther Vandross notes over here! You could do what I’m doing.[...]I think that’s what made it pop music. I think for the people, that’s what made it popular, that they were able to sing along with it and they weren’t intimidated by singing along to it because it was a guy that can’t sing.”
In the meantime, Ja Rule is said to have filmed a reality show and has a new album that will drop this summer. His first single, “Real Life Fantasy” leaked online last week to surprisingly good reviews.  Head over to Rap Radar to take a listen!

No comments:

Post a Comment