FOR THE BEST AND LATEST MUSIC VIDEOS, HIP HOP, R&B, SPORTS, AND WORLD NEWS...

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Tyrese Had Dreams Of Becoming A Garbage Man Before Fame




What comes after quintuple threat? Actor, singer, rapper, writer, and former model are but a few of the titles Tyrese has snagged while working in the entertainment industry. His upcoming memoir, Get Out of Your Own Way, is in stores, he’s planning on playing the title character in the Teddy Pendergrass biopic, he’s in the studio working on his next R&B release, and his latest films,“Fast Five”, and “Transformers 3″ are about to hit theaters.
Although, he’s accomplished more than most since a chance audition for a national Coca Cola Commercial, Tyrese recently revealed that he hasn’t always been as ambitious. He tells Blackvoices:
When you’re in the hood, you want to become the things you see and I wanted to be a trash man. That’s what I was exposed to, I heard about their retirement plans, medical and dental benefits. I heard about how much they were making a year, I’m being honest. I used to go like nine houses up the street to help the trash man put the trash on the truck once a week. So my life is a true testament that if you want to make God laugh tell him your plans. So at this point I don’t know what he’s going to tell me next but I’m just going to show up and try to be the best version I can be.”
He also tells BV that even though he’s acquired success, it doesn’t give him an excuse to be buckwild.
I don’t drink and smoke. You’ll never catch me high,” he said. “There’s a lot of people sacrificing their sexuality and their spirituality to get to the next level. I don’t want it. If God’s not in it, it won’t last.”


No comments:

Post a Comment