FOR THE BEST AND LATEST MUSIC VIDEOS, HIP HOP, R&B, SPORTS, AND WORLD NEWS...

Friday, February 28, 2014

K. Michelle Defends Her Attitude And Performs ‘Can’t Raise A Man’ On The Arsenio Hall Show

K Michelle Arsenio 2
K Michelle Arsenio
K. Michelle has probably heard more times than a few, “You could go so far, if you changed your attitude.” Last night, the Love & Hip Hop star and powerhouse singer was a guest on Arsenio and her diva ‘tude was the topic of discussion as she chatted about how she has been perceived on both the Atlanta and New York versions of Love & Hip Hop.   She expressed:
I realize, when I was walking down the street people would run to the other side, that they might not perceive it as good all the time.
They think I’m mean. But really, if you ask the producers of the show, they will tell you that I was actually the calmest one on the show. I just had the best climax, so that’s what you got to see.
She also added:
I don’t think it’s fair at all because they don’t KNOW me. You know what you see of me at that moment. You will react the same way as me to a lot of those situations. I’m just bold enough to do it in your face and not care. So, those reactions from those blogs and everything, I make their hits go up. So they should thank me and or maybe even send me a check.
The singer also revealed her diverse musical background:
I grew up in Memphis, Tennessee. I actually grew up loving country music. I play classical piano. I play guitar. My parents would put me in a closet–it wasn’t child abuse so don’t get scared. They’d put me in a closet and it was the biggest closet in the house and I would just sing to the top of my lungs so I always knew I wanted to sing.
I had this vocal teacher named Bob Westbrook. He trained Justin Timberlake, Britney Spears, a lot of the Miss America people. When my mother took me to him and said, ‘She wants to sing,’ he said, ‘No offense, but when she goes through these competitions, they’re going to expect her to sing certain things like Aretha, maybe Whitney. How about we try something and introduce her to new music?’ So the first tape I ever got was The Judds. I saw The Judds. I love The Judds. And he taught me how to yodel and then I got a scholarship to Florida A&M University.
Watch a small portion of the interview and her performing her newest track, “Can’t Raise A Man” below:

No comments:

Post a Comment