FOR THE BEST AND LATEST MUSIC VIDEOS, HIP HOP, R&B, SPORTS, AND WORLD NEWS...

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Shonda Rhimes Throws A Baby Shower For Kerry Washington

Kerry Washington arrives at her baby shower
Kerry Washington and her big ol’ beautiful baby belly went from being glammed up on the NAACP Image Awards red carpet on Saturday to having a lavish, star-studded baby shower at Shonda Rhimes’ house on Sunday. The soon-to-be mama’s husband Nnamdi Asomugha missed out on the party, but she had 60 friends and family including her mom, her sisters-in-law Chisara Asomugha and Udo Asomugha, her mother-in-law Dr. Lilian Asomugha, Diahann Carroll, Cicely Tyson, Tracee Ellis Ross, Jane Fonda, Regina King and Scandal co-star Darby Stanchfield gather in Hancock Park yesterday as they celebrated under a canopy in Shonda Rhimes’ backyard.
According to UsWeekly, it all started at 11a.m. with drinks and appetizers, and Kerry came comfortable in a light blue denim A Pea in the Pod maternity dress paired up with adorable nude heels.
Jane Fonda blogged about the party and said although they had fun, there were moments that had everyone crying:
Today I was at Kerry Washington’s baby shower. She’s 7 months pregnant and looking radiant. It was a wonderful party with guests being asked to go into a photo booth and take 6 different poses that were then mounted on a black paper where we could write a message; signing a diaper (I wrote “I hope everything comes out alright!”), putting signed thumb prints onto a drawing of a tree—I had no idea there could be so many nice ways to commemorate the up-coming event and leave loving memories for mom and baby.
I hadn’t seen Kerry since she was pregnant and as soon as I saw her with her gorgeous belly I starting crying. Then Kerry’s mother spoke, giving words of wisdom to Kerry and the rest of us about how to raise a baby to be a happy, fully realized, person. I started crying again (and it wasn’t because I wanted to go back and do my own raising of my own kids all over again with more wisdom, though that did press in on me) . . . it was because her words moved me.
Kerry Washington Baby Shower - Kerry’s sister-in-law Chisara Asomugha, me, Cicely Tyson, Kerry’s other sister-in-law, Udo Asomugha (in red), Kerry, Diahann Carroll and Kerry’s mother-in-law, Dr. Lilian Kerry Washington Baby Shower - Jane Fonda, Cicely Tyson, Chisara Asomugha, Diahann Carroll


Kerry Washington baby shower 2


No comments:

Post a Comment