FOR THE BEST AND LATEST MUSIC VIDEOS, HIP HOP, R&B, SPORTS, AND WORLD NEWS...

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Robin Thicke and Paula Patton Call It Quits

Paula Patton Robin Thicke attend Album Release Party  NYC
Paula Patton and Robin Thicke Cover 'Prestige'
Another celebrity marriage bites the dust!
After nine years of marriage (and a total of 20 years together), ”the greatest love of the century and most functional, dysfunctional marriage in Hollywood,” according to Robin Thicke, is ending. The soulful Grammy-nominated singer and his wife Paula Patton have separated.
Today, the couple made the announcement to People Magazine:
We will always love each other and be best friends, however, we have mutually decided to separate at this time.
Coincidentally, the news comes a month after Robin Thicke was involved in a photo scandal with an unidentified woman in Paris.
Back in September, he told Star Magazine:
I knew she was special the night I met her. I was only 14, but she was already the most special girl. As a relationship progresses, you fall in love again in so many deeper ways. You realize that you need each other and you can’t live without each other.
He also revealed to Howard Stern in an interview last year:
I think subliminally, [because] my dad was so good at everything – He was very charming, he was very beloved. he was getting all the chicks – but yet he wasn’t very good at marriage. So, the one thing I said to myself [that I knew I could] beat my dad at, I’ll beat him at a relationship. I’ll make my relationship last longer than he did, and that will be the one thing in my life that I did than my pops.
When you’ve put that kind of time in a relationship, it seems as though it would be hard for a split to last long. Perhaps, this will be just a brief break and the time apart will only make their love grow stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment