FOR THE BEST AND LATEST MUSIC VIDEOS, HIP HOP, R&B, SPORTS, AND WORLD NEWS...

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Oprah Shoots Down Gay Rumors, Talks Stedman In Emotional Interview

 
Barbara Walters recently sat down with Oprah for a very personal interview that will air on ABC tonight. The Oprah Winfrey show is coming to an end after 25 years and Oprah will be moving on to her very “OWN” network in January. In the exclusive interview, Oprah cries while talking about her friendship with bff Gayle King, as well as her relationship with Stedman. She also reveals that the “gay rumors” irritates her.
On Gayle King
She’s the mother I never had. The sister everybody would want. The
friend everybody deserves. I don’t know a better person. It’s making me cry because I’m thinking how much I probably never told her that.
I have said we are not gay enough times. I am not lesbian. Not even kind of lesbian. That irritates me because it means somebody must think I’m lying. That’s Number 1. Number 2, why would you want to hide it? That is not the way I run my life!
Oprah and Stedman have been together almost 25 years, and although they live together, they have never tied the knot. During the interview with Barbara Walters, Oprah describes Stedman as “the love of my life”
[He is] the love of my life. The love, the lover, the man, the partner, the mate. I cannot say that I know of another man, really. I do not know of another man on this planet who could’ve lived this life with such dignity, such grace and humility. And still hold his own
Last year Oprah made headlines when she revealed that if she had made an official marriage commitment to Stedman, they probably would not be together.
Had we made the official marriage commitment, we wouldn’t still be together. The reason the relationship works is that we get to define it on our terms. It would be very different if we were in a ‘traditional’ relationship where I was expected to be a wife and every now and then cook a meal!”

No comments:

Post a Comment