FOR THE BEST AND LATEST MUSIC VIDEOS, HIP HOP, R&B, SPORTS, AND WORLD NEWS...

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Raheem DeVaughn Explains New X-Rated Video


R&B Singer Raheem DeVaughn had some jaws dropping and tongues wagging earlier this week when he released a video for his new mixtape single “She’s Single”. He recently sat down with Vibe to discuss the new video as well as the comparisons to Keri Hilson’s new video and the double standards involved.

We see. Those sex scenes were super intense, are you sure that was just acting?

No one will ever know.
What do you say to those who think this is all a quick way to gain attention?
It’s not a moment of desperation. Technically there ain’t no records to sell. It’s a free mixtape. I paid for the video to be shot myself. It’s just another way for me to display my artistry. I’m constantly reinventing myself. It’s a constant thing that I do. No diss to any of my homies, but I pay very close attention to what people say about me. I maybe saw five negative comments out of thousands. And whats interesting is it was from dudes. But I made this for
women. I made this for a woman to say that’s how I want to be loved down. And for the brothers who do ride with me I made it for them to say yeah that’s how I put it down.
Coincidentally, Keri Hilson also premiered a sexually-charged music video this week that caught people off guard. Except I think she might’ve received more flack than you.
I haven’t seen her video yet, but I’ve seen some of the comments. Someone created a blog page on just me and her. They had our pictures up like mug shots like how does this dude go from “Customer” to this? Easy. It’s art man, don’t take it so seriously. I’m a fan of Keri. Unfortunately for women though, if they decide to be promiscuous they’re going to get a bad rap. It is what it is. We all know that. But hopefully it was her decision. If she’s cool with it, I’m cool with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment