FOR THE BEST AND LATEST MUSIC VIDEOS, HIP HOP, R&B, SPORTS, AND WORLD NEWS...

Monday, March 3, 2014

Lupita Nyong’o Attends Vanity Fair Party With An Oscar As Her Date [ + Watch Her Acceptance Speech]

Lupita Nyongo Vanity FAir red carpet
Lupita Nyong’o is a true example of how to make the best of an awards season.  Since January, she has been making best-dressed lists as she graced red carpets styled in every color imaginable and last night was no different.  She attended Vanity Fair’s Post-Oscar bash dressed in a lime green embellished Miu Miu gown, while showing off her date for the night — an Oscar!
Just hours earlier, she snagged the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for her portrayal of Patsey in “12 Years A Slave,” and she was crying with joy as she accepted the award while expressing:
It doesn’t escape me for one moment that so much joy in my life is thanks to so much pain in someone else’s. And so I want to salute the spirit of Patsey for her guidance.
Other big winners of the night included the film “12 Years A Slave” for Best Picture,  Cate Blanchett for Best Actress, Jared Leto for Best Supporting Actor, and Matthew McConaughey for Best Actor.
Catch more pics, plus Lupita Nyong’o and Matthew McConaughey’s acceptance speeches below:
Matthew Mcconaughey 2014 Oscar Awards Lupita Nyongo and Jared Leto
Jared Leto Best supporting actor Lupita Nyongo best supporting actress OscarsLupita Nyongo and Jared Leto Oscars 2014
Watch Lupita’s acceptance speech:
During Matthew McConaughey’s speech, he said:
There are three things that I need each day. One of them is something to look up to, another to look forward to, and another is someone to chase.
He went on to explain that his someone to look up to is God, his family is something to look forward to, and the someone he chases is his hero, which has always been himself in 10 years.
Every day, every week of my life, my hero is always 10 years away. I’m never going to be my hero, I’m never going to attain that, I know I’m not, and that’s just fine with me because that keeps me with somebody to keep on chasing.
Alright, alright, alright!
Watch below:


No comments:

Post a Comment