FOR THE BEST AND LATEST MUSIC VIDEOS, HIP HOP, R&B, SPORTS, AND WORLD NEWS...

Friday, August 17, 2012

Beyonce Interviews With Anderson Cooper




Last Friday, Beyonce filmed her new video for ‘I Was Here‘, which will serve as the soundtrack for World Humanitarian Day, at the UN General Assembly Hall in New York City. She also sat down with CNN’s Anderson Cooper in an effort to promote her involvement with the UN’s campaign, which hopes to reach a billion people and promote acts of kindness all over the world on August 19th.
During the interview, which aired tonight, Beyonce talked about the message behind the song, ‘I was Here’, as well as ways she plans to give back leading up to World Humanitarian Day and why it was important for her to partner with the UN for the cause.
‘[The song] I was here, It says I want to leave my footprints in the sands of time and it’s basically all of our dreams, I think.. leaving our mark on the world. We all want to know that our life meant something and that we did something for someone else and that we spread positivity, no matter how big or how small so the song was perfect for Humanitarian Day.
I feel like we all have our purpose and we all have our strengths and I don’t know if it’s selfish or unselfish, but it feels so wonderful to do something for someone else. And I think for the U.N to want to include the whole world was something important, and that’s what I represent.
She also discussed her foundation, ‘The Survivor Foundation’, which built transitional homes for the survivors of Hurricane Katrina and expressed that she hopes her new video will be a reminder that every little bit helps.


No comments:

Post a Comment