FOR THE BEST AND LATEST MUSIC VIDEOS, HIP HOP, R&B, SPORTS, AND WORLD NEWS...

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Nicki Minaj Brushes Off DJ Khaled’s Proposal, Shares Thoughts On Whether There Is A Rift Between Drake & Young Money


Nick Minaj and DJ Khaled
DJ Khaled’s marriage proposal to Nicki Minaj was only a joke. Um…well duh!!!
Nicki told us exactly what we suspected yesterday while chatting with DJ Funkmaster Flex.
Last night,  after DJ Khaled premiered his new song ‘ ’I Wanna Be With You’ featuring Nicki Minaj, Future and Rick Ross, Nicki called in to Hot 97 to talk about the new record, while admitting that DJ Khaled’s recent proposal was an extension of the song. During the call, the Head Barb also revealed why she has been going hard in the paint recently on everybody’s record, and when asked if there is something going on between Drake and Young Money, she showed mad love to Drake while tip-toeing around the subject.
Catch a few highlights from the interview and audio below:
On whether she’s spoke to DJ Khaled since he proposed to her
No, I was shocked just like the rest of the world and I was cracking up laughing with the rest of the world because Khaled is a master at what he does and you know he is a DJ, Hypeman, entrepreneur, all of those [things] wrapped in one. He was just like ‘Yo! that’s how I was feeling! It’s just an extension of the song yo!’ Everyone was just like ‘Whatever, Khaled.’

On how her camp and rumored fiance SB reacted to the proposal
Nobody took it seriously. They sent me [text messages] like ‘LOL! Khaled is crazy’ and i just hit back with ‘lol’. Let me set the record straight, Khaled is my brother and Khaled was not serious with that damn proposal y’all. Please let it go. He was kidding.[…] It was just another way for him to give a glimpse of the feeling on this [new] record. He is not attracted to me. He doesn’t like me. We’re brothers and sisters. He is like a cuddly bear.

On why she’s collaborating with so many people
I think that when you start off in life, not having much and you see that the power of your mind can take you anywhere in this world, I feel like that’s like asking Oprah why she created OWN. I don’t have a percentage of what she’s got and she is still working. I love independent women. I love ambitious people. I hate lazy ass people and if I go a couple of days without getting something done, I feel like I’m on some bum sh-t, and I can’t live like that! I don’t want anyone around me living like that. At the end of the day, I love what I do. I’m having fun, I like doing this. Shout out to all the artist that have given me an opportunity to work with them. Whenever somebody asks me to get on their track, it’s an honor and I take it very seriously.

On Drake and whether things have changed with him and Young Money Cash Money
I just feel like people’s perceptions of their reality, is their perception of their reality. So, sometimes people make moves based on their perception of what reality is, and I know that sounds like a riddle but maybe one day you will be able to unravel that one. All I can say is, Lil Wayne is everything to me. I can’t speak for anyone else but what Young Money Cash Money did for Nicki Minaj, I could never repay them for. So I am forever indebted to them. Whatever happens with any other artist, I don’t know.

Sometimes when you are really intelligent and really talented, you also think a lot and sometimes your mind is racing with thoughts. It is what it is, people go through their own motions, and you got to respect it and keep it moving. I think like we all love the team. We all love Wayne and that’s what is all going to keep us together. Drake is my baby. That’s how it was when we came in. Whatever is going on now – obviously we’re all very busy and you know sh-t happens. It gets a little hard to have a real connection when people are on different sides of the world and working on different things. You just never know who people got in their ear or what their feelings [may be] or maybe they felt wronged in some way. I don’t know. I just know that Drake is my baby [and] Wayne is my everything.
On whether Drake was taking jabs at Young Money or Lil Wayne on his newest records (i.e. On “Versace, Versace Versace” Drake raps “N-ggas be wantin’ a verse for a verse, but man that’s not a swap to me” and later in the song “‘F-ck all your feelins cause business is business, its strictly financial”)
I’ve never taken that personal. When you are in a place where Drake is, which is everybody is asking him for a hook or a feature, it is what it is. He’s speaking the truth. Whether he’s taking that as a compliment or not, I don’t know. He’s speaking the truth and I think he’s speaking about every damn body. I’m not exempt from that and neither is anyone else. If you’ve been asking him for a verse or a song or done a verse or a song with him, then maybe you are included. I don’t know, but he’s not lying.

No comments:

Post a Comment