FOR THE BEST AND LATEST MUSIC VIDEOS, HIP HOP, R&B, SPORTS, AND WORLD NEWS...

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Metta World Peace Wants to Join the Knicks


  
Metta World Peace is reportedly showing interest in the New York Knicks.
The former Los Angeles Lakers player cleared waivers late Sunday afternoon to make him an unrestricted free agent and the Knicks have reached out to him, according to a source.
Knicks coach Mike Woodson said Sunday that he welcomed the potential addition of World Peace.
“I know his name has been surfacing out there,” Woodson said in a recent interview in Las Vegas. “I can coach any player. I coached guys from 18-, 19-, 20-year-old young men, and built a team in Atlanta, and that’s tough for a first-time coach. So I experienced that, and I don’t think there’s a player I can’t coach if he’s willing to be coached. … If anybody comes to this team, they’ve got to understand it’s all about team, man. It’s not about individuals here, it’s not about me as a coach. It’s about the New York franchise trying to win an NBA title. If you understand that, then we’ve got a chance.”
Last week, the Lakers waived World Peace using the amnesty provision.

No comments:

Post a Comment