FOR THE BEST AND LATEST MUSIC VIDEOS, HIP HOP, R&B, SPORTS, AND WORLD NEWS...

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Lupe Fiasco Considers Quitting Rap After Beef With Chief Keef: ‘My Heart Is Broken’



When the mean streets of Chicago, spills over on to Twitter…
Yesterday, Lupe Fiasco announced via his Twitter page that he may be done with rap after a small spat with fellow hometown rapper Chief Keef.  You see, there were more than 152 killings in Chicago between June and the end of August alone this year with 38 of them being teenagers, and unfortunately up and comer Chief Keef (who’s only 17) glorifies that ‘Bang Bang’ lifestyle.  If you follow, Chief Keef on Twitter, he tweets with the hashtag “300,” which is a reference to the Chicago Street gang, the Black Disciples.  Police started monitoring Chief’s account earlier this week after another 16 year old rapper (by the name of Lil Jojo)  was killed in Chicago who had a known beef with the street gang. And to make matters a little worse, Chief Keef sent out an unsympathetic tweet after the rapper was shot to death that read,”‘Its Sad Cuz Dat Ni–a Jojo Wanted To Be Jus Like Us #LMAO.” [As in 'Laughing My Ass Off'.]
But it didn’t stop there. A day after Lil Jojo’s murder, Chief Keef also sent a threat to Lupe Fiasco via Twitter:
“Lupe fiasco a hoe azz ni–a And wen I see him I’ma smack him like da lil b-tch he is #300″.
Chief Keef was more than likely responding to a comment that Lupe made last week during an interview with Baltimore’s 92Q. When Lupe was asked for his opinion on Chief Keef, he responded, “Chief Keef scares me. Not him specifically, but just the culture that he represents–specifically in Chicago…. The hoodlums, the gangsters, and the ones you see killing each other and the murder rate in Chicago is skyrocketing and you see who’s doing it and perpetrating it — they all look like Chief Keef.”
Lupe responded to Chief Keef’s threatening tweet by stating he wasn’t interested in indulging in beefs. And although he’s remained positive on records, he hasn’t received anything but malice in return. So he is considering leaving the rap game.
“i love u lil bruh @ChiefKeef…i really really do from the bottom of my f-cking heart. I know that street sh-t like the back of my hand. I’ ve seen it in every way you can possibly imagine and its nothing to be proud of @ChiefKeef it TAKES and TAKES till there is nothing left. I choose not to indulge becuz its lil guys that look up to me so i try and show them a better way @ChiefKeef i aint try to be BE better. I’m trying to DO better @ChiefKeef as we all should. We were born with no expectations to make it. born in the hood, live there die there. I cant go 4 that @ChiefKeef & i cant let the people i love, including you my n-gga, go 4 that either. We kings not f-cking savages and goons”
“My father I have spoken the truth to them yet it has only made my life in this world more troubled. i can bear this no longer… I have spoken peace only 2 receive vitriol and malice in return. My brother seeks destruction my sister seeks attention paths to nothingness. I’d die for them…but they’d probably spit on my grave…i still will die for them…just bury me in a place far from their reach…Amin.
This album will probably be my last. It’s been a pleasure to have all my fans provide so much love an inspiration for me and my family, but my heart is broken and I see no comfort further along this path–only more pain. I cannot participate any longer in this…My first true love was literature so i will return to that…lupe fiasco ends here…peace and much love 2 ya!….”
To gain a little perspective on Lupe Fiasco’s stance (which seems a little bit deeper than a tweet threat), just last month during a filming of MTV’s Rap Fix, Sway played an old clip of Lupe showing him around his old neighborhood on the Westside Chicago. When the clip was finished, Lupe broke down crying and it was very hard for him to finish the interview as he talked about the ghosts of old friends and his reality back in Chicago.
Some of them dudes are dead. Chicago is the murder capitol. The dudes in that video are in prison, a couple of fed cases, and then there’s ghosts. You see people that ain’t there. You just trying to make it better and come up out of it. Nothings changed. Some of them kids aren’t gonna make it out of there. You just feel so helpless. That was six years ago and stuff is the same. You feel hopeless. It’s a terrible thing.
To see myself six years ago surrounding by people who aren’t even here, repping the hood, it’s a sober thing to me. It’s sobering because you know your mother was right. Your father was right. Stick to what you know and get out because if you stay here, you are going to die. You are not going to die for anything heroic or meaningful, you are going to die for something worthless and no one will remember your name. And it hurts. It’s a painful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment