FOR THE BEST AND LATEST MUSIC VIDEOS, HIP HOP, R&B, SPORTS, AND WORLD NEWS...

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Yaya DaCosta Will Play Whitney Houston In Lifetime Biopic

Screen Shot 2014-06-07 at 12.57.44 PMI can see it!
Over the past few years, Meagan Good has been lobbying to one day play Whitney Houston, if there were ever a biopic, and even Whitney’s daughter Bobbi Kristina has expressed interest in playing her mother, but it is Yaya DaCosta who ultimately walked away with the part.
The actress-turned-model-turned-actress again has been cast to play the iconic diva in Lifetime movie directed by Angela Bassett. The biopic will chronicle Whitney’s rise to the top, as well as her up-and-down relationship with ex-husband Bobby Brown between the years of 1989 and 1994.
Since being a runner-up on America’s Next Top Model a decade ago, Yaya has been flexing her acting muscle and earning coins in the process. The 31-year-old model/actress has appeared in over 10 films (most recently, The Butler) and even had a recurring role on All My Children.
Now we wait and see who will play Bobbaaaay!
Screen Shot 2014-06-07 at 1.03.33 PM
P.S.
A few months ago, Yaya (who just had a baby boy earlier this year) wrote to her fans who inquired if she’d ever go back to modeling:
I forget that a lot of folks who knew me as a model don’t know that I was an actor first (a paid actor since 20 years ago) or that when I quit modeling some 7 years ago to focus on my craft, that’s when the real doors started to open. I still do a little editorial now and then to promote a film project but it takes a special designer to pull me out of my still-camera-shy hole.
I am such a fan of this guy and can’t wait for y’all to see the campaign! This is just a nurse break in a corner on set. My boy’s a #trooper! (And to the lovers-in-denial, yes, I’m getting carried away with the nursing shots :-P We all ought to! Lol)
Can’t wait to see how this project shapes up!

No comments:

Post a Comment