FOR THE BEST AND LATEST MUSIC VIDEOS, HIP HOP, R&B, SPORTS, AND WORLD NEWS...

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Angela Simmons Covers Rolling Out, Becomes The New Host Of 106 And Park?


cover_Angela_web
Congratulations are in order for Angela Simmons! It has been announced that she is officially the new co-host of BET’s 106 and Park. Today, Bow Wow made it official with a tweet welcoming her to the BET family!
[Post Update:  In a statement released today, BET says that Angela will co-host for the rest of the summer only.  They also addressed the departure of the other three hosts. Read it here]
Angela definitely has a lot to celebrate, as she’s also the cover girl for this month’s Rolling Out Magazine. Inside, she poses in gorgeous dresses, styled by Olori Swank, and dishes on her vegetarian lifestyle, her desire to connect more with her fans through her personal website and evolving as a woman.  She also seems to have the same issue as Meagan Good, when it comes to being scrutinized for what she wears, especially since her dad is Rev Run.  She tells the magazine:
Well I think with religion, people are just judgmental off the bat. They feel like if you have a relationship with God and Jesus Christ, then you’re not allowed to have any fun. I think that’s just wrong when people judge others … especially when you’re not supposed to judge anyway. But I deal with it all the time. People will come up to me and say ”Oh you shouldn’t be wearing that skirt,” and I just say ”why not?” I’m not doing it distastefully, and I’m not being disrespectful. I have my relationship with God, so therefore I don’t feel like anyone should judge me. But it’s life, and people are going to judge. And there’s so much controversy surrounding religion, so I just eat it. At this point, it is what it is, but I know who I am … and God knows my heart, so I don’t take it any further.
Catch a few more photos, shot by photographer DeWayne Rogers, below:
Screen Shot 2013-07-03 at 4.09.11 PM
Angela Simmons Rolling Out Magazine
Angela Simmons Rolling Out Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment