FOR THE BEST AND LATEST MUSIC VIDEOS, HIP HOP, R&B, SPORTS, AND WORLD NEWS...

Friday, July 5, 2013

Gabrielle Union Says She’s Ready For Kids, Plus Is She Engaged?


Gabrielle Union, Dwyane Wade
At 40-years-old and four years deep into her relationship with Dwyane Wade, Gabrielle Union might have finally caught that baby fever. On her new BET series “Being Mary Jane,” it seemed as though art was imitating life as Gabby played a career-driven woman whose success puts the mom life on hold.
Now, after years of playing the role of a step-mom to D. Wade’s two sons, it seems as though she may have recently gotten bitten by the baby bug.  She recently told Extra TV that she wanted to go the Halle Berry route and have kids within the next few years.
I always knew I was going to wait really long, and I followed the Halle Berry example, and I think in the next couple of years, if I’m lucky, I will make that a reality, hopefully. I think with the career, the industry that we’re in, it’s not taboo to be an older mom. You’re not alone. There’s such a huge support to start a family a little bit older and it’s okay! My friends from home, they all started in their 20s and that’s awesome, too. There’s give and takes. I knew, for me, I wasn’t going to be the kind of parent I would want to be. I would be way too selfish and resent having to miss out on things. Now, I’m in a place where I’m happy and still wanting adventure, but I want part of that adventure to include a child.”
Gabby was definitely singing a different tune last year.  Back in January 2012, she told Ocean Drive Magazine that kids were never a priority and maybe she could get used to the idea in five years.
I was never someone who thought about having kids – I mean, they’re great in theory, but I never imagined having one [myself]. Maybe over the next five years I could wrap my brain around becoming a mother and what that would mean in terms of sacrifice and dedication. I don’t do anything impulsively, so more toward the five years out than the one-year.
In October of last year, she also told  JustTheFab.com:
 I have dance-on-table fever and I don’t think you can really do those two together or I think they arrest you. I’ll probably get baby-fever somewhere after, you know, marriage fever. And I’m still enjoying boyfriend-girlfriend fever.

No comments:

Post a Comment